Cross-Country Road Trips: A Learning Experience
If one could define something that makes America great, it is its natural beauty that can be found throughout the country. From the national parks to the gorgeous landscapes along the way, a road trip in an RV rental will be an eye-opening and fulfilling experience.
Following are some of the things that you’ll be sure to learn on your first cross-country road trip:
- One of the first things that you’ll learn on a cross-country trip is that things may not always go as you planned, but that doesn’t mean the trip will be a failure. Road trips often bring some interesting twists and turns along the way, but the unexpected often ends up making the trip one worth writing home about.
- The U.S. is so much bigger than you realized. This is something that you can’t really understand until you take your first cross-country road trip. It takes days to cross, but this one of the reasons why it’s also such a satisfying trip. With so much to see and so many different things to experience, a cross-country road trip in the U.S. is something that everyone should do at least once in their lives.
Photo Source: Flickr-Ian D. Keating
- There is some really weird food in the United States and also some really good food. A cross-country road trip will allow you to taste an amazing variety of American cuisine-yes, it’s a thing-and you will have a better understanding of the U.S. food culture at the end of your trip.
- You will learn that not every American road is perfect. After driving hours upon hours in an RV rental, you will discover that some roads may be less-than-desirable to travel on. Of course, on the flip side, you will also get to drive on roads that will provide you with unimaginable views that you won’t be able to get enough of.
- You will discover that small towns in the U.S. are very different than the big metropolises that you know. You will see how things are done differently and how unique small-town Americans are. Many times, you will get to enjoy some great homemade food at restaurants in small towns, while at other times, you may long for the gourmet restaurants back home.
- The U.S. is highly-populated, but on your road trip you will discover that there is a whole lot of empty open spaces and wild. The U.S. has wilderness, forests, deserts, and countryside that has yet to be inhabited and you will be traveling through much of this while on your cross-country trip.
Photo Source: Flickr-Sheila Sund
- You will discover the differences in the various states and how different life can be from one state to another. You will also learn how some areas are known for being highly religious while others are a mix of cultures, religion, and ethnicities. You will discover that the U.S. is a place for all kinds of people from different walks of life.
- A cross-country road trip will teach you that the national parks here are some of the most beautiful natural places in the world. While it’s one thing to see these places in pictures, it is an incredible experience to have in person. From Yellowstone National Park to Yosemite, there is hardly a national park that isn’t full of glorious wonder.
- You will discover that the U.S. is full of amazing, kind, hard-working, and friendly people. When one spends too much time in one city, they may feel that it’s the same way everywhere in the city, but a cross-country trip will put you in touch with people that will teach you that there is plenty to love about the American people.
- A road trip across the U.S. will give you time to listen to plenty of music, audio books, or podcasts. You will be amazed at what you can learn from what you listen to. Whether you download audiobooks on educational topics or you listen to podcasts, you can be sure that you will learn a lot during your long hours of driving.
- If you are traveling with your children, you will learn a lot about them, a lot about traveling with kids, and a lot about what it’s like to travel the country while looking for kid-friendly things to do. It will be a learning experience for everyone.
- You will also learn that you should always, always, always do a check-up and maintenance on your vehicle before starting out in your RV rental, as learning this after a breakdown on the open road is something that you want to avoid.
Photo Source: Flickr-Steven Bratman
As you set out on your first cross-country road trip, you will be amazed at so many things that you never realized about the U.S. From the food and people to the landscapes and things-to-see, a trip across the U.S. can be an incredible one.