What is coding and decoding?
Every field is becoming competitive every day. So we have to put lot of efforts to get a job in any field. The banking and government sectors. For that our IBPS guide help us by providing many worked examples and quiz for the students who are preparing their exams. We have to pay special attention in every chapter of the syllabus in the question paper. Model question papers and syllabuses are available in the IBPS guide we can make use of that things to crack those competitive exams. We should practice hard on those problems. It will provide us the crystal clear examples and explanation on each and every problem. The IBPS provides a special E-book also.
As the competitive exams comprises of many sections. One among them is the coding and decoding. It will be like some words may be arranged in order in some methods we have to analyze that method and find out the technique used. It comprises of many puzzles, seating arrangements, Data interpretation (pie & graph, line graph) etc…
Let’s see some of the example problems
Directions (1-5): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. All the codes given below are only in two letters format. “Banks are digital today” is written as “Zi Li Ki Ti”, “Money transfer through banks” is written as “Di Ki Si Fi”, “Digital money easy today” is written as “Si Zi Ti Bi” and “Today we have leave” is written as “Gi Xi Vi Zi”.
- What is the possible code for “Easy for transfer”?
- Fi Bi Zi B) Di Ji Bi C) Bi Ti Ui D) Fi Li Xi E) None of these
- If “Banks have money” is coded as “Gi Si Ki”, then what will be the code for “Leave”?
- Di B) Li C) Zi D) Vi E) Cannot be determined
- What is the code for “Transfer”?
- Di B) Ti C) Fi D) Cannot be determined E) Either Di or Ti
- What is the word for the code “Si” in the given code language?
- Today B) Banks C) Money D) Digital E) Either A or B
- If “Money market easy” is written as “Bi Si Ci”, then what will be the code for “Market”?
- Bi B) Si C) Ci D) Either Ci or Si E) Cannot be determined
Direction (6-10): Study the following arrangement carefully and answer the given question below. S D 9 5 E # K 6 T I 8 P 1 % A 2 C λ L M U3 W @ N 4 © J $ 7 F B 11).
- How Many such vowels are there in the above arrangement each of which is immediately followed by a numeral and immediately preceded by a consonant?
- None B) One C) Two D) Three E) None of these
- In the given series, 1st, 2nd, 3rd element and so on are interchanged with 20th, 19th, 18th element and so on respectively, then which element will be 8th to the left of 20thelement from left end?
- P B) I C) 8 D) T E) None of these
- Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their positions in the above arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
- EKI B) P% C C) LUW D) 3@© E) N©7
- If all the symbols are dropped from the above arrangement, which of the following will be the 5th to the left of 12thelement from right end?
- 8 B) S C) T D) W E) None of these
- What should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following series based on the above arrangement? #K5 P1I CλA?
- 2C% B) ) U3L C) λL2 d) W@M E) None of these